The name Fonréaud, that stems from a legend, as well as the location of the property on the rooftop of the Médoc, make this estate exceptional.
"Fonréaud", called "Font-réaux" in centuries gone by, means "Royal Fountain". Legend has it that in the 12th century, the King of England and husband of Eleanor of Aquitaine, Henry II Plantagenet, stopped here to quench his thirst and drank from a spring of cool water. The spring still exists in our park today.
The cellars were built in the 17th century, then modified over time. The Château replaced the original farm building when then owner Henri Le Blanc de Mauvezin decided to build it in 1850.
The Château was built to the plans of Bordeaux architect Garros and completed in 1855. Its very elegant architecture appeals to visitors.